Wednesday, February 18, 2026
spot_img
HomeStateDwarka SUV Crash: Accused’s Father Expresses "Deep Grief" As Delhi Police Book...

Dwarka SUV Crash: Accused’s Father Expresses “Deep Grief” As Delhi Police Book Him Under MV Act

NEW DELHI – The father of the juvenile accused in the Dwarka Scorpio crash has broken his silence, admitting that the vehicle involved belongs to the family’s commercial transport business. Speaking to the media following questioning by the Delhi Police, he described the incident as “heartbreaking” and claimed his family is “deeply grief-stricken” by the loss of life.

The 17-year-old driver, Akshatra Singh, was detained after his speeding Scorpio SUV collided with Sahil Dhaneshra’s motorcycle on February 3. The impact was so severe that Sahil died on the spot; an autopsy report later revealed a fractured skull, multiple broken ribs, and a shattered elbow.

“I Didn’t Know He Was Driving”

The father, who was out of the city during the crash, stated he only learned of the tragedy through his wife. He claimed his son was purportedly using the vehicle to drop his sister off.

Addressing the history of traffic violations associated with the SUV, the father clarified, “I run a commercial vehicle business. The vehicle is used in our business, and the challans (fines) on the vehicle are because of our drivers who operate it—not because of my son.” He also addressed rumors regarding a social media video being filmed at the time, calling it a “short video” rather than a “reel,” though he maintained he was unaware of it.

Legal Noose Tightens on the Guardian

The Delhi Police have taken a firm stance against parental negligence. Deputy Commissioner of Police (Dwarka) Ankit Singh confirmed that the father has been booked under Section 199A of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, which holds guardians or vehicle owners liable when a minor commits a traffic offense.

“Initially, the boy had lied about his age,” DCP Ankit Singh told Hindustan Times. “Based on our findings, the father will now be chargesheeted.”

The minor was previously sent to an observation home but was granted interim bail on February 10 to appear for his Class 10 board examinations.


A Mother’s Grief: “Help Came Too Late”

For Sahil’s mother, Inna Makan, the apologies offer little solace. She recounted the horror of her son dying just 10 minutes away from his workplace.

“My son was lying on the road for 10 minutes. Help came late,” she said, her voice heavy with grief. “I want action against the boy. He should not have been driving. A reckless teen snuffed out his dreams.” Sahil had been working part-time at an insurance firm to fund his upcoming education in the United Kingdom.

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

Recent Comments